- newProsecutor objects release of suspects in journalist attack case
An Istanbul prosecutor objected to the release of six suspects on Oct. 6 in the investigation of the attack on daily Hürriyet columnist Ahmet Hakan
- 3 mins ago 6 Oct 15, 4:16pm -
- newCHP warns Turkish gov’t of ‘hidden interests’ of third countries in Syria
Republican People’s Party (CHP) head Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu has warned the government of “hidden interests” of foreign countries in the Syrian crisis, slamming the Justice and Development Party’s (AKP) “incorrect” policies in Syria
- 17 mins ago 6 Oct 15, 4:02pm -
- newTurkish Chief of Staff visits Azerbaijan
Turkish Chief of Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar paid a visit to Azerbaijan from Oct. 5 to Oct. 6, during which he met with Azeri President Ilham Aliyev, Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov, Prime Minister Artur Rasizade and Spokesperson of the Azeri National Asse…
- 28 mins ago 6 Oct 15, 3:51pm -
- newCurfew declared in southeastern Turkish town, two others lifted
A curfew has been declared in four neighborhoods in the Bismil district of the southeastern province of Diyarbakır, a move that reportedly came after outlawed PKK militants dug trenches and erected barricades on the streets.
- 45 mins ago 6 Oct 15, 3:34pm -
- newPresident Erdoğan’s son moves to Italy: Report
The son of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, whose name was embroiled in Turkey’s huge corruption probe in late 2013, has reportedly moved to Italy along with his family, daily Cumhuriyet reported on Oct. 6.
- 53 mins ago 6 Oct 15, 3:26pm -
- newECHR fines Turkey over conviction of journalists
The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) has ordered Turkey to pay 3,360 euros for violating freedom of expression, after the application of two journalists from daily Evrensel who were convicted for publishing an article containing a statement by a…
- 1 hour ago 6 Oct 15, 3:07pm -
- newSoldier killed in PKK attack buried in central Turkey
The funeral of Ufku Demirel, a soldier killed in an attack by outlawed PKK militants in southeastern Turkey, has been held in Demirel’s hometown Tokat, a Central Anatolian province, attended by thousands including Republican People’s Party (CHP)…
- 1 hour ago 6 Oct 15, 2:56pm -
- newTop commander says Turkey ‘actually waging war’ since July
The Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) have been “actually waging a war” for the last few months, a top commander has said, referring to military operations launched against bases of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) in northern Iraq.
- 2 hours ago 6 Oct 15, 2:46pm -
- newDrone over Istanbul airport disrupts landings
A commercial airline pilot reported a drone was flying over the final approach course at Istanbul’s Atatürk Airport, while attempting a landing on Oct. 6
- 2 hours ago 6 Oct 15, 2:39pm -
- newSpain’s Princess Cristina tax fraud trial to start in January
Cristina de Borbon, sister of Spain’s King Felipe VI, will appear in court on Jan. 11 on tax fraud charges, court documents showed yesterday, as part of a wider investigation into her husband’s Noos Foundation charity.
- 2 hours ago 6 Oct 15, 2:23pm -